Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There are for all ages at the this morning. 10:30 am. For information, call 508-645-3360.
2. offers a Bereavement Support Group for those who have lost a spouse or a partner at the today in the second floor Conference Room. Facilitated by Karen Krowski, Ed.D. 10 am - 11:30 am.
3. is offering a this evening from Oak Bluffs Harbor with Captain John and a Felix Neck naturalist. Explore the waters of Vineyard Sound aboard a Coast Guard licensed vessel. Tow a plankton net, use a scallop drag, and check lobster and fish traps for crabs, fish and shellfish. Ages 4 and up. $40 non-members/$30 members. 5:30 pm. For more information, call 508.627.4850
4. Tonight at in Vineyard Haven, a. Learn more about the meanings and motivations behind her paintings and drawings on canvas and paper. 5:30 pm. For more information, call 774 327 9422
5. The is offering a tonight. Learn the secrets of using locally-sourced food incorporating the flavors of North Africa. Learn about the flavors of fragrant waters and spices while you prepare a meal using produce that is harvested the same day. Enjoy the meal together around the table family style. Recipes and sourcing of spices will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own wine. Class location will be shared with registered participants. $95. 5 pm. For more information, call 508-645-5000