Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. meet this morning for a casual walk of the grounds to look for summertime birds. Come prepared for an easy to moderate (often buggy) stroll. Free with Sanctuary admission. 8 am.
2. There is a this morning at in Vineyard Haven. Awaken to the reality of the unseen world and prepare for greater living with past life hypnotherapist and speaker: Alison David Bird, CHT. $18. 8:30 am – 10 am. For more information, visit www.ahundredwaysoflight.com or call: 617 650 6218.
3. Today is an day at the . Kids create their own theater using various methods taught by theater professionals. They offer a morning drop in option where you can come and be part of their process on Tuesdays, Wednesday or Thursdays at the Edgartown School Theater. $40. 9 am – noon.
4. is hosting a class this afternoon at a location disclosed only to participants. Explore the history and making of new American cheeses as led by Jacqueline Foster, cheesemaker of Mermaid Farm & Dairy in Chilmark. Get some hands-on experience and some recipes to take home with our Cottage Cheese and Fromage Blanc demonstrations. End the evening with a light dinner prepared by Jan Buhrman with your freshly prepared cheese as the star. $120. 4 pm – 8 pm. For more information, or to register, call 508-645-5000.
5. In collaboration with the , the is proud to present at the in Vineyard Haven. Stanley Murphy was a beloved Island artist and an important Island icon who depicting many Vineyard scenes and people over the course of his lifetime. See images from his family’s private collections accompanied by music played on Stan’s guitar. Stan’s son David will be on hand to discuss his father’s work. $8 for Members/$12 for non-Members. 5:30 pm. For more information, or to make reservations, call 508-627-4441.