Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There are today at the . Pre-register for this weekly craft time for kids age 4 to 6 yrs with parent or guardian. Sign-up is required, limit of 12 children each week. Program runs through August 28. Theme varies weekly. 10 am.
2. This morning at the , about the Flying Horses Carousel. 10:30 am.
3. Take a this evening. Cruise from the Oak Bluffs Harbor with Captain John and a naturalist to explore the waters of Vineyard Sound aboard The Skipper, a Coast Guard licensed vessel. Participants will have a chance to look at the catch up-close and to try their hand at scup fishing if time permits. Recommended for ages 4 and up. $30 Members/$40 Non-Members per person/Children under 8 are $4 less. 5:30 pm. For more information and to register, call 508-627-4850
4. Tonight at , there will be a . Featherstone’s Tuesday evening photographers salon brings a wide range of talented and traveled photographic artists to display and speak about their work and the creative forces behind it. Taking a page from the artists salons of old, these evenings are interactive community driven events where fellow artists and the public are invited to be involved in the discussion and critique. There is time given after the main presentation for “mini presentations” by emerging and youth artists. 7 pm. For more information, call 508-693-1850
5. There’s a tonight at the dock by the Chappy Ferry in Edgartown. Bring your family and your dancing shoes. Relax by the harbor and take in the sunset, while great Blues and R&B music radiates the evening. The music is free and food is nearby. 7:30 pm.