1. The has been housing caterpillars and watching them transform into butterflies. Now, they’re ready for release. All are invited to a for the butterflies at 4 p.m., and to make your own bug house for free.
2. , a Sublime tribute band, will take the stage at at 9 p.m. Tickets are $17 in advance, $22 at the door. The show is 21+.
3. will lead a workshop on the history and making of cheese with Jacqueline Foster, cheese maker of . The workshop takes place from 2 to 7 p.m., and costs $120, including recipes and a light meal. For more information or to register, go to kitchenporch.com.
4. The Summer Institute will host , Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist and author, at 7:30 p.m. in the . A $15 donation is gratefully accepted.
5. The Martha’s Vineyard Art Association will present by exhibiting artists, followed by an open art critique led by painting instructor Eva Cincotta, at the in Edgartown at 6 p.m.