1. will host a launch party for the first-ever from 6 to 8 p.m. Tickets for the launch party are $50, and will benefit Featherstone. The event will feature jazz music, hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction. The Wind Festival is scheduled for Saturday in Ocean and Waban Parks in Oak Bluffs.
2. The Bunch of Grapes Book Store will host fisherman/author at 7:30 p.m. as he gives a talk on his book “Bright Waters, Shining Tides: Reflections on a Lifetime of Fishing.”
3. Vineyard Haven galleries will host an art stroll from 5 to 8 p.m., featuring music and food. The Louisa Gould Gallery on Main Street will additionally offer a one-day, 10 percent off sale during the hours of the stroll.
4. Carly Simon, Ben Taylor and John Forte—plus family and friends—will take to the stage at tonight for a concert benefitting the Animal Shelter of Martha’s Vineyard and the Rockhouse Foundation. Tickets are $50 and doors open at 9 p.m. The show is 21+.
5. The presents “,” a new play written by Kathleen McGhee-Anderson and directed by Ricardo Khan, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35.