1. The , which features a variety of vendors, artisans and produce, has something special on deck for today: musical guests. Music teacher Shelly Jones will perform children’s music from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; Tristan Israel will perform from 12:15 to 1 p.m. The market takes place in Waban Park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2. The comes to a close today. But before we say goodbye, there’s one more very special event: the annual . The fierce competition takes place at 3 p.m.
3. The Edgartown Firemen’s Association will host its 3rd annual Pancake Breakfast & Open House at the from 8 a.m. to noon.
4. Speaker, producer, playwright, educator Robert Brustein will be discussing and signing copies of his latest book, "Rants and Raves: Opinions, Tributes, and Elegies," at the at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $15. Brustein was awarded the National Medal of Arts at the White House in March.
5. Good Dog Goods will lead its 3rd annual dog parade at in Oak Bluffs. The parade begins at 6:30 p.m., and will be marshaled by the winner of a Possible Dreams lightning round item. Could Bo Obama be there?