Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. kicks off this morning at in Vineyard Haven. Find the healthiest happiest version of yourself with NisaFit™, a fitness(certified and insured) Company. 6 am - 7 am. For more information, call 508-314-5675
2. The 6th Annual Sand Sculpture Contest takes place today at Right Fork South Beach in Edgartown. Adult and Junior categories. $5 per person. Registration begins at 9 am., construction begins at 10 am. For more information, call 508-939-0199.
3. Tonight the Chilmark Firemen's Annual Back Yard Bash takes place at the . There will be burgers, hot dogs, chowder, corn on the cob, live music and raffles. Bring a chair or blanket. 5 pm – 8 pm.
4. Enjoy a this evening with . See Sengekontacket Pond in the moonlight and celebrate the different full moons of summer. With a guide, you will kayak on the pond as the sun sets and the moon rises. Kayaks, paddles and lifejackets are all included. $35 members, $45 non-members per person; ages 11 and up with an adult. Registration required. For more information, call 508-627-4850
5. Tonight at the in West Tisbury, will perform. Called "one of the best teen troupes in the country," by the executive director of the Chicago Improv Festival, this college age troupe delivers side splitting short form and thought provoking long form improv based on audience suggestions. $15. 7:30 pm. For more information call 508-939-9368.