Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It’s at , today! Bring the whole family for a fun-packed celebration of sheep & shepherds, food, farming and fiber. There will be morning chores, sheep shearing with Andy Rice, fiber arts, farm tours, herding dog demos and more. Plus FARM Institute beef burgers, lamb sausage and greens off the grill for lunch alongside coffee and hot drinks from Chilmark Coffee Co. 9 am – 3 pm. $10/family, $5/individual
2. Come to the for an April Walk this morning. See blooming azaleas, camellias, magnolias and cherry blossoms. Meet at the visitor center at 10 am. For more information, call 508-693-9426.
3. There is a today at in Edgartown. Third in a series of highly popular cultural luncheons sponsored by MV Center for Living, the April luncheon will honor, highlight and examine the history of the MV Campground Meeting Association of Oak Bluffs. $25. Noon. For more information, call 508-939-9440
4. Celebrate the life and work of John Cage tonight at a at . The IMAGINE ARTS festival 2012 continues with a concert celebrating the centennial of John Cage. Featuring Delores Stevens, Artistic Director of the MV Chamber Music Society performing compositions by Cage Island and innovator David Stanwood performing his unique style of improvised piano, with discussion of recent developments with his new invention for pianos, the Stanwood Adjustable Leverage Action, aka SALA. All invited to partake in the Celebration of John Cage's 100th with special birthday cake. The Pathways ArTbaR & Writing Room will open at 5 pm for hors d'oeuvres. Concert begins at 6:30 pm. Free. For more information, call 508-645-9088/9098
5. A popular event returns to The Base at the Teen Center in the tonight. is for all teens ages 13 - 18. There are thousands of songs to choose from. Come early, get your song bookmarked, and then perform. Free. Showtime is at 8 pm. Sign up and bookmarking begin at 6:30 upstairs. For more information or if you are a parent and want to be added to the list, call 508-696-7171 ext. 128.