1. The long, cold winter is coming—what better time than now to search for companionship? in Edgartown will host a speed dating event at 7 p.m. for men and women ages 30 to 45. The cost is $25 and you can pre-register at www.speeddatingmv.com. Individual dates will last five minutes; at the end of the evening you’ll be asked to identify your top choices. If you and a fewllow dater select each other, event organizers will send you your date’s email address.
2. The will host a Compost Workshop with Ann McGovern from 4 to 5:30 p.m. The workshop will teach participants for turning organic matter into fertile soil. The first 10 people to sing up for the class will receive earth worms for their composter.
3. The is celebrating its 15th anniversary! All members are invited to join in on the anniversary party from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Free beer, refreshments and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
4. The will present “Hot Tickets: Very Short Plays by (Mostly) Female Writers” at 7:30 p.m. All tickets are $20. The collection of plays is produced and directed by Vineyard Playhouse Artistic Director MJ Bruder Munafo.
5. The 5th Annual Martha’s Vineyard Food & Wine Festival kicks off today with an opening reception from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. at . Tickets are $75 per person, but if you haven’t purchased them yet, you’re out of luck. The event is totally sold out.