Today is Old Rock Day!
Here are Five Things You Need to Know Today:
1. This morning at 10:30am take the kids to Mother Goose on the Loose at the Old Music Street Library in West Tisbury. Perfect for the little ones, ages newborn to three-years-old. The Music Street Library is located at 12 Music Street in West Tisbury. If you can't make it today, head over on Friday. Every Monday and Friday, unless stated otherwise. For more information call (508)693-3366.
2. The Old Whaling Church Edgartown Community Supper tonight at 5:00 pm in the Bayles Room. Salad, bread, soup, main entree, dessert and beverage will be provided. Donations welcomed; call (508) 693-4424 for more information.
3. Join the lovely Griffin Hughes this evening at 6:15pm the Mansion House for her Fat Burning Workout Workshop, just the thing to start off the New Year on the right foot. The class is party of a monthly series of nutrition workshops. Griffin Hughes is a certified personal trainer and nutrition coach and she just launched her website at www.griffinhugheswellness.com.
4. The Martha's Vineyard Yoga Center in Oak Bluffs will host a Drumming Workshop tonight from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Learn traditional rhythms from around the world including Haiti, Cuba, West Africa and Brazil, led by Rick Bausman. The six-class series costs $90. Pre-registeration is highly recommended, call (508)627-DRUM.
5. Bingo at the American Legion Post 257 in Vineyard Haven tonight at 7:30pm. A Vineyard winter just isn’t a Vineyard winter without weekly Bingo. Call 508-693-9257 for more information.