Today is (officially) Opposite Day!
1. This afternoon head to The WorkOut and Tennis Center in West Tisbury to watch or take part in the Falmouth vs. Martha's Vineyard Tennis Match. Cost is $15 to participate. Pre-register to reserve a spot, call (508)696-8000. For more information about the match, visit workoutandvtc.com. 11:00 am – 12:30 pm.
2. Martha's Vineyard High School students are collaborating with the Martha's Vineyard Museum to curate and develop and exhibit highlighting the history and evolution of sport on Martha's Vineyard since regionalization. There will be a reception this evening from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm in the Spotlight Gallery. Exhibit runs through February 12. Free. Call (508)627-4441 for more information.
3. Celebrate 'Tu B'shvat' ("Jewish Earth Day") this evening at 5:30 pm at the Martha's Vineyard Hebrew Center. Celebrate this holiday and the “Birthday of the Trees” with a seder. A seder for children under 10 will be held at the same time. Free. Call (508)693-0745 for more information.
4. Adult Community Education of Martha's Vineyard will host a session on Understanding the Dream Act tonight at the Martha's Vineyard High School Library from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Learn the steps to obtain Deferred Action, which leads to the important benefits of legal employment, a driver’s license and more. Session led by Mary Sullivan. Donations gratefully accepted. Pre-registeration is highly recommended, call (774)310-1131 or 508-693-1033 x 240 to reserve a spot. Visit acemv.org for more information.
5. Free Friday Movies Series will continue tonight at 7pm the Chilmark Library at 7:00 pm. "Anatasia," the 1956 classic, starring Ingrid Bergman, who won the Best Actress Oscar her performance, will be playing tonight. It's the story of a beautiful yet destitute woman trying to pass for the missing empress, daughter of Czar Nicholas II. Refreshments will be provided. Sponsored by the Friends of the Chilmark Public Library.