Today is National Pie Day!
1. There is a Cooking Demo at LeRoux from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. this afternoon with Park Corner Bistro's Chef Jesse Marting. Learn the tips and trips of a restaurant chef. Call 508-693-0030 for more information.
2. The Vineyard Haven Library with continue their Anime Movie Afternoons with 'Howl's Moving Castle' a classic by the acclaimed Japanese director, Hayao Miyazaki. Rated PG. Great for ages 8 and older, younger children are welcome with a guardian. It's from 3-5 p.m. Call 508-696-4211 for more information or visit vhlibrary.org.
3. Jannette Vanderhoop with present a session on Wampanoag Arts & Culture from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. this evening at the Martha's Vineyard Public Charter School in West Tisbury. Cost is $35. Pre-register is highly recommended, call 774-310-1131 or 508-693-1033 x 240 to reserve a spot. Workshop is party of the winter program of ACE MV, visit acemv.org for more information.
4. The MV Film Center is showing the film "Captains Courageous" this evening in collaboration with Sail Martha's Vineyard. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with a wine and cheese reception. Movie to follow at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $15. For reservations, call 508-696-7644.
5. Dine on all your favorite Chinese food dishes and some special Asian-inspired cocktails at 5 p.m. tonight at Park Corner Bistro's Wok Wednesday.