Today is Make Your Dream Come True Day!
1. Head over to Island Alpaca for Alpaca Discovery day from 9–10:30 am. Take part in feeding of the animals, try your hand at barn chores and more. Perfect for ages 8 and up. Cost is $25 and $20 for guardians and parents. Pre-registeration is recommended. Call (508)693-5554 for more information.
2. This afternoon, there is a Winter Walk at Katama Airpark in Edgartown at 1 p.m. Get outside and enjoy a chilly walk exploring the sandplain grasslands habitat of the area. Dress for the weather. For information visit vineyardconservation.org.
3. The Peter H. Luce Play Readers Perform "Comedies of Manners" this afternoon at the Vineyard Haven Library. They will perform staged readings from "The Importance of Being Earnest" and "Private Lives." Free. Refreshments will be provided. Call (508)696-4211 for more information or visit vhlibrary.org. 2:00 pm.
4. Just nominated for Best Documentary Oscar, "How to Survive a Plague" will be playing this afternoon at 4:00 pm at the MV Film Center. The film profiles the worldwide plague of 1981 that took the lives of millions, and yet was barely mentioned by Presidents Reagan and Clinton. A captivating film grabbing the attention of the world. 4:00 pm.
5. Trivia Night with Johnny Showtime at Park Corner Bistro in Oak Bluffs starting tonight at 6:00 pm, free. Test your smarts, drink great cocktails and munch on the some tasty food. Park Corner is giving out Trivia Bucks for great team names and creative answers. Trivia Bucks can be used toward your tab. Call (508)696-9922 for more information.