HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1. The Lazy Frog and Offshore Ale Co. will host the 5th Annual New Year's Day Disc Tournament this morning. Meet at Offshore Ale at 10:30 am. Sign-up by calling the Lazy Frog in Oak Bluffs at (617) 816-7400. Cost is $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Meet at Offshore Ale at 10:30 am.
2. Start 2013 on a healthy note with the New Year's Day 5K Run/Walk, leaving from Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company in Oak Bluffs at 11:00 am. Both Start and Finish will be at the Chowder Company. Cost is $20 in advance and $25 day of race, $5 for children under 12-years-old. All proceeds will benefit the family of Jim Moore. Call (508) 627-8303 for more information.
3. Dad's Group takes place tonight at the MV Community Services Family Center (at the side entrance of the Martha's Vineyard Regional High School). A playgroup for dad's and their kids. Run by a dad volunteer, includes complimentary dinner for all. No registration required. Free. Call (508) 693-7900 ext. 288 for more information; 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
4. The Jazz Duo: Jeremy Berlin and Eric Johnson play at Offshore Ale in Oak Bluffs tonight; 6 pm - 8 pm. For more information, call 508-693-2626.
5. The Steel Butterfly in Dodger's Hole will host a Tong Ren Energy Class tonight from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Karen Krowski will guide the group through an energy therapy session for general health and emotional revitalization. Cost is $10. Call (617) 448-4381 for more information or visit mvwholehealth.org.