Today is Groundhog Day!
1. Take part in the Saturday Art Adventure at Featherstone Center for the Arts this morning from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Today the group will explore penguins and polar bears, led by Miss Lani Carney. Perfect for ages 3 to 8. Cost is $45. Pre-registration is highly recommended, call (508)693-1850 to reserve a spot. For more information visit featherstoneart.org.
2. This morning the Howes House in West Tisbury will host their Annual Black History Month Breakfast and Program at 9:30 am. Dr. Virginius Bray Thornton III, founding member of SNCC will present a talk on "Women of Interest: Past, Present, and Future". Breakfast and program is hosted by The League of Women Voters of Martha's Vineyard. 9:00 am - League membership meeting; 9:30 am breakfast followed by Dr. Thorton's talk.
3. There is a Blueberry Pruning Workshop this morning at Polly Hill Arboretum in West Tisbury from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. The workshop will teach you how to properly prune your blueberry bushes. And you'll learn why pruning can stimulate growth to insure a bumper crop of berries. Led by Susan Murphy, proprietor of Murphy Blueberry Farm in Chilmark. Cost is $25 and $20 for Polly Hill Arboretum members. Pre-registration is highly recommended, call (508)693-9426 to reserve a spot.
4. The Chilmark Community Center will host the Pinewood Derby & Chili Contest this morning at 10:00 am. Enjoy the creative cars and eat some chili.
5. There is a Winter Auction tonight at the Martha's Vineyard Rod & Gun Club in Edgartown. Silent and live auctions planned. Hors d'oeuvres and Cash bar for guests. All proceeds will support MVRHS Girl's Ice Hockey team. Cost is $25. Call (508)717-1144 for more information. 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm.