Today is: National Look for an Evergreen Day and it is also National Oatmeal Muffin Day!
1. This morning from 9:00 am - 10:00 am Cynthia da Silva will host a meditation class, the Power of Your Mind: Guided Relaxation and Imagery at 40 Peacegate Way in Vineyard Haven. The session fee is $10 or purchase a 10-class card for $80. Call (508) 524-9022 for more information or visit hypnosismarthasvineyard.com.
2. The Oak Bluffs Library will host Coffee Time this morning from 10:00 am - 11:30 am. Call (508) 693-9433 for more information.
3. Head to Park Corner Bistro in Oak Bluffs tonight for Wok Wednesday with a full menu of your favorite Chinese food dishes and drinks. From drunken prawns to Peking duck. Restaurant opens at 5:00 pm.
4. Martha’s Vineyard Breast Cancer Support Group will meet tonight from
6:00 pm – 7:30pm at Isabelle’s Beach House, 83 Seaview Avenue in Oak Bluffs. Join the group for casual conversation and an informal exchange of helpful information with other breast cancer survivors. If you can't make tonight's gathering the group will meet again on January 16, 2013, February 20, 2013, March 20, 2013, and April 17, 2013. For more info, please call Hannah Beecher at (508) 696-6412.
5. The Vineyard Haven Library will host the Winter Solstice Celebration: Words for a Winter Night tonight at 7:00 pm. Join poets, writers and musicians to celebrate the Winter Solstice. Bring words to share. Refreshments provided. Call (508) 696-4211, for more information or visit vhlibrary.org.