- Rain and gusty winds are expected throughout the day, tapering off tonight for a sunny, breezy Wednesday, forecasters say.
- The barn owl couple at Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary have produced a fourth egg, according to the Mass Audubon Felix Neck Facebook page. You can keep tabs on the growing family by visiting the sanctuary to check out the nest cam.
- Ospreys, the eagles of the sea, have returned to the Vineyard for the 2013 season, according to Mass Audubon and published reports.
- Engaging author Michael Sullivan speaks on Connecting Boys with Books at 6 p.m. at the Oak Bluffs Public Library, 56R School St, Oak Bluffs, free.
- Poetry: kicks off at 7 p.m. at Pathways at The Chilmark Tavern, 9 State Rd, Chilmark, free.
Are your Martha's Vineyard events posted in our calendar? Don't miss the chance to reach thousands of readers on our home page and through our daily newsletter: List your events for free at marthasvineyard.patch.com/events/new. You can even login via Facebook.
Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.