Hungry? Housebound? Bored? With the governor's emergency driving ban lifted, restaurants and other Martha's Vineyard businesses are letting us know on Facebook and be email that they're open:
Updated Sunday, 11:45 a.m.
- Chicken Alley Thrift Shop is open today from noon to 4 p.m. with a 50 percent off sale on accessories and books, according to a status update.
- Beadniks is also open till 4 p.m.
- The MV Film Center is reopening this afternoon to show Searching for Sugar Man at 4 p.m. and The Rabbi's Cat at 7:30 p.m.
- The Pizza Place and Vineyard Pizza Place will reopen this morning at 11, posts Suzzane in a comment below.
- New Moon Magick-Enchanted Chocolates will open at 11, comments Kathleen below: "Our Valentines Sale begins today- a free lollipop with every 1/2 lb purchase of chocolates and 20% off our vintage jewelry! Sorry, Chapman Ave. is narrowly plowed, we'd suggest parking at the Ocean View and walking over."
- The Chappaquiddick ferry posted on its Facebook page Saturday afternoon that "With the tide having fallen unexpectedly early and unexpectedly fast," the ferry was back in service.
- The Steamship Authority resumed service Sunday morning.
- The Green Room clothing store opens at 10 a.m. Sunday.
- The Scottish Bakehouse opens for breakfast at 6:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a Facebook status update.
- Elizabeth Rothwell posted Saturday that Harbor View Hotel & Resort's Henry's is open. Water Street will be open tomorrow for breakfast and Sunday brunch."
- Lucky Hank's posted Saturday, "Open for dinner tonight! Limited menu...spotty service...see you soon."
- Sharky's Cantina is also "good to go," posts Margaret Steele.
- The Newes From America Pub is open, with prime rib the Saturday evening dinner special.
- Melanie Rankow Prescott posts that 11 North at 11 North Water Street in Edgartown is open Saturday night and "Wharf pub opening at 5:30."
- Edgartown Pizza posted Saturday that "we are hopefully planning on being open tonight by 5ish." Call (508) 627-7770 to confirm.
- A post on the Ocean View Restaurant indicated that it would open at 5 p.m. Saturday: Call (508) 693-2207 to confirm.
- Cafe Moxie in Vineyard Haven is serving, posted Mariola Ryan. Confirm at (508) 687-9140.
- The Grill on Main is open and serving a "2 for 1" Saturday according to a post by Tilma Zyla. Confirm at (508) 627-8344.
- Stop and Shop is open regular hours: till 10 p.m. Saturday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Do you know a restaurant or other business that is open this weekend? Let me know in the comments below, and I'll update the article as suggestions come in.
Want more storm news?
- Blizzard '13: Martha's Vineyard Information Center
- LIVE CHAT: Blizzard of 2013
- Scattered Outages on the Vineyard
- Vineyard to Vineyard: We Made It! Time for a Drink
- What Do You Think About Gov. Patrick’s Travel Ban?
- SHOW US: Blizzard Outside My Window
- Share Your Photos: How Much Snow Do You Have?
Stay Patched in this winter! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.