Have you been to the MV Chowder Company recently? Have you taken a good look at the additions to the drink and cocktail menu? You should. Jon Blau (known to everyone as JB) and his expert team of taste-makers, Chef Alex Nagi, Zenon Hart, and Eli Giannakopoulos have added a few choice selections to this season's menu.
The Chowder Company, known to most as Cho Co since it's opening in late 2011, has solidified a strong reputation as a place to see and be seen in the not-summer months. That's not to say that people don't flock here in the late spring and summer, not the case, the Cho Co is busy, always.
Take a glance at the tasty winter-inspired cocktails to celebrate the season, embracing the off-season flavors....
- Figettaboutit - Black fig infused vodka, with Goat cheese stuffed olives - The sweetness of the fig vodka, the brininess of the olives, and richness of the goat cheese make this cocktail complex and unforgettable.
- The 'Pomma' Ave - Cucumber vodka, Pomegranate liqueur, Pomegranate juice, Triple Sec, Fresh lime juice and Pomegranate seeds - Slightly tangy, and hard to not love this cocktail that is "healthy" with all those anti-oxidants (at least that's a great excuse to order one). Some people say there is a slight essence of watermelon...a bit of summer channeled in this lovely elixir.
- Cranbery MoTito - Tito's Handmade Vodka, Muddled lime, Cranberries and Mint with a Splash of Sour mix, Agave nectar and Soda water - Made with Dripping Spring, TX's famous Tito's Vodka this cocktail honors the classic New England Cranberry flavor with a kick of sour mix.
- Daddy's Caddy Margarita - Casa Noble Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier, Fresh lime juice and Agave nectar - Margaritas are appropriate in any season. Enough said.
- Sailor Cider - Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and Hot Apple Cider, with a Lemon Wedge - A hot beverage with a warming apple cider flavor and a kick of rum.
- High Tider - Jim Beam, Hot Apple Cider, Agave, Fresh Lemon & Orange Juice - Also a hot option but with whiskey. What's apple cider without a dash of citrus (and whiskey)?
- Grand Redemption - Redemption High Rye Bourbon, Grand Marnier, Barenjager Honey Liqueur, Lemon, Lime & Orange Juice, with Fresh mint, Agave nectar, and a Cinnamon stick - A warm treat blended all the season's 'warm' flavors into a addictive and comforting mix. (Try your hardest to have just one).
Instead of loathing the winter and pining for summer, the team at the MV Chowder Company is greeting it with a delicious mix of newness and enthusiasm. Stay tuned for a new winter food menu as well, MV Patch has heard that it's quite remarkable.
Lunch served Friday, Saturday & Sunday starting at 11:30am.
Dinner served 7 days a week at 5pm.
Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company, 9 Oak Bluffs Avenue, Oak Bluffs, MA
Want more information or need to make a reservation? Give them a ring at (508)696-3000.