It’s no real surprise that the took the win in this Readers' Choice contest. They are hosting the Island’s first Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday and a whole host of other events. From a parade to pub fare, Kelley House is offering Vineyard residents and visitors alike a weekend full of St. Patty’s Day festivities.
The Kelley House walked away with 57% of the vote. John Robert Hill, the manager at the was thrilled with the win.
“This is the first year that we’ve done this so we’re really excited about it and so glad that the MV Patch community is excited to,” he said. “This is the first year that the Kelley House has been open year-round and the weekend is another way we can be a part of the winter community. It is our hope that the weekend will grow into something really big in the coming years and it’s going to be a lot of fun.”
Make sure you check back next Monday for our next Readers’ Choice Poll: Best Family Friendly Restaurant on Martha’s Vineyard.
Here is a line up of the Kelley House events for the St. Patrick’s Day weekend:
The weekend’s schedule is as follows:
Friday, March 16
- Live Irish music with Sean Brennan from 8 pm – 11 pm at the Newes
Saturday, March 17
- Edgartown’s First Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, beginning at 11:30 am
- The Newes From America Pub will serve an Irish menu throughout the day (11:30 am – 11 pm), with traditional dishes such as Irish Stew, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Sheppard’s Pie, and a selection of Irish desserts.
Chappy room events:
- Traditional tunes from Stanley & Grimm Irish Music, performing from noon – 5 pm.
- Face painting at 1 pm.
- Open mic Limerick contest at 3 pm.
- Vineyard favorite, Good Night Louise, performs from 8 pm – 11 pm.
- Open mic Limerick contest at 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 18
- Irish Brunch at The Newes From America Pub, with hearty options that include a traditional Irish breakfast, Rueben Sandwich, Fish and Chips and Banger and Egg Sandwiches
For reservations or more information, call (508) 627-7900 or visit www.kelley-house.com