CONNECT to End Violence, a program of Martha's Vineyard Community Services, is holding an outreach event Monday for Island residents who are immigrants and have been victimized.
An immigration attorney from Catholic Social Services of Fall River will be available to answer questions and a rape crisis counselor from CONNECT will also be on hand, according to MVCS, to assist "those without legal status who fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Victim of crime, abuse or domestic violence
- Victim of domestic violence who is married to their abuser
- Victim of human trafficking
- Minor under the age of 18 who has been abused, abandoned or neglected by one or both parents
- Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA) eligible client
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) eligible client."
MVCS is located at 111 Edgartown-Vineyard Haven Rd, Oak Bluffs.
Read the full event notice here>.