On the Martha's Vineyard Patch Facebook page, community editor Tamara Starr asked people how far they commute on-Island. Here are some responses:
- "Commute? On MV? Seriously? By real-world standards even Aquinnah to OB barely qualifies as a commute. (FWIW, I'm self-employed. From my bed to my workspace is about 10 feet. Does that count?)"
- "Unless you have to travel through the Triangle at noon during August, the word commute doesn't really apply, lol."
- "Katama to VH- 25 mins."
- "You're all breaking my heart. I'm in DC area now and I believe we were voted worst traffic in the country last year! Sitting on the ferry reading the paper with a cup of coffee OR sitting in traffic on the beltway .... ???"
- "Bad commutes on MV?? Are u serious?"
- "VH to Aquinnah...25 minutes."