- Many Island businesses are shortening their hours now that September is here, though there's still another week before Vineyard kids go back to public school.
- The Chappy Ferry is operating a single boat this week as On Time III comes out of the water for scheduled maintenance.
- Were you looking for the Martha's Vineyard Wind Festival over Labor Day weekend? It's been moved to Oct. 12, when organizers will be building kites in Ocean Park for a free day of all-ages fun. Save the date.
- Slip 77 in Oak Bluffs holds a Locals Only artists' trunk show Tuesday starting at 7 p.m. Light refreshments. Free.
- Did you know that you can sign up to receive our daily "5 Things" feature by email? Just go to our Today on Martha's Vineyard page and click "Get email updates." You can do this with any of our news categories.
Did we miss something happening today? Tell us in the comments.