- They're not coming to the Vineyard, but if you hop on the ferry first thing Friday morning you can still cheer on the wounded veterans taking part in the Soldier Ride along the Shining Sea Bikeway from North Falmouth to Woods Hole and back. The ride departs at 9:30 a.m.
- Free pick for teens: The Free Friday Feast at Alex's Place at the Y starts at 6 p.m. with a pasta dinner and a movie. YMCA of Martha's Vineyard.
- Also at Alex's Place: IMP, the improvisational comedy program for kids, is registering now for fall classes starting Oct. 1: Wednesdays from 3:30 - 4:45 for grades 1-3 or from 5:00-6:30 for grades 6-8; or on Thursdays from 3:30 - 5:00 for grades 3-5 or 5:30 - 7:30 for high school students. Payment and registration is available on line or by mail. Go to www.imp4kids.com or call 508-939-9368 for more information.
- It's lobster roll night at Grace Episcopal Church in Vineyard Haven, where you can get a $15 lobster roll, $3 hot dog and $4 pie slice (whole pies are $20.00). Chips and drink are included in the cost of both the lobster rolls and the hot dogs. Diners with large orders of 8 or more may phone ahead to the “Grace Church Lobster Roll Hotline” at 508-693-0332 to have your order packed and ready to go when you arrive.
- Fashion Takes the Stage at 8 p.m. at Flatbread to benefit Angel Flight. Fashion show, live music from Dukes County Love Affair, beats by DJ PrettyNinja, goodies and, of course, pizza. Tickets to this Martha's Vineyard Fashion Week event are $20-$40 at ticketsmv.com.
Did we miss something happening today on the Vineyard? Tell us in the comments.