- There's a "Huge Menagerie Tag Sale" with lots of furniture Thursday at 7 Cottonwood Lane in Edgartown, off the Vineyard Haven Road, starting at 9 a.m. For more information, call 508-560-0839.
- This week's Island Dinner at the Beach Plum Inn Restaurant features food from Whippoorwill Farm: Three courses for $35 and fivecourses for $75. Open 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. through December 1. BYOB. 508-645-9454, beachplumrestaurant.com.
- Looking for safe Halloween fun with the kids this weekend? We found Five Things to Do for $5 or Less.
- Living Local MV posts on Facebook: "Folks! Get a team together for the annual CROP WALK to fight hunger in our community! The money raised supports the Island Food Pantry and highlights our local organizations Serving Hands & Council On Hunger. October 27th, sign up now." You can sign up and donate here.
- Chilmark residents: The town has a vacancy on the Finance Advisory Committee, an elected board that reviews the town budget and makes recommendations on warrant articles brought before the Town Meeting. If you are interested in serving on the FINCOM, contact Timothy Carroll: firstname.lastname@example.org.