- Spooky family fun: Bring your little ones' pictures to the Aquinnah Public Library and the "scary-brarians" there will include them in their Halloween collage. Free.
- If you love art and Martha's Vineyard landscapes, check out the exhibition of large Works by Allen Whiting at A Gallery, 8 Uncas Ave., Oak Bluffs, through Nov 30. Free.
- There's a Middle School Halloween Dance and Costume Contest at Alex's Place at the Y Friday with blacklights, lasers, DJ music and a costume contest with prizes. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., $5.
- "Shakespeare for the Masses: Quick & Painless & Free" is what you'll get at the Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown, Friday at 7 p.m. with a lively staged reading presented by the Vineyard Playhouse.
- From Johnny Hoy & the Bluefish via Facebook: "Port Hunter in Edgartown this Friday night, Oct 25. Last weekend of the year for this great establishment!"