- Island teens have a Place to hang out after school: Alex's Place at the Y is open from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, 2:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday. Find out more at alexsplace.net. Free.
- Also at the Y, the community Open Stage returns on the first Friday of each month. This all-ages open mic begins at 8 p.m. with doors opening at 7:30. $5.
- It's Opening Night of the Living Local Harvest Festival: Join Storyteller Susan Klein at 6:30 p.m. at the Grange in West Tisbury for a fascinating discussion about "Living Local' with Islanders David Tilton, Rosalie Powell, Anna Edey, and Gussie Ben David. Coffee and dessert will be served. Free, open to all ages.
- Friday is lobster roll night at Grace Episcopal Church in Vineyard Haven, where you can get a $15 lobster roll, $3 hot dog and $4 pie slice (whole pies are $20.00). Chips and drink are included in the cost of both the lobster rolls and the hot dogs. Diners with large orders of 8 or more may phone ahead to the “Grace Church Lobster Roll Hotline” at 508-693-0332 to have your order packed and ready to go when you arrive.
- Are you holding a yard sale or garage sale soon? With just a few clicks, you can put it on our interactive sale map: Yard Sales on the Vineyard and Cape.
For more things to do on the Vineyard every day of the week, take a look at our Events listings, the Weekender and our daily tips in Today on Martha's Vineyard.