- September can be the nicest time of year on the Vineyard, and forecasters say this weekend and Monday, too, will bear that out with bright sunshine and seasonable temperatures in the 60s.
- Friday is lobster roll night at Grace Episcopal Church in Vineyard Haven, where you can get a $15 lobster roll, $3 hot dog and $4 pie slice (whole pies are $20.00). Chips and drink are included in the cost of both the lobster rolls and the hot dogs. Diners with large orders of 8 or more may phone ahead to the “Grace Church Lobster Roll Hotline” at 508-693-0332 to have your order packed and ready to go when you arrive.
- This particular Friday is also French Pizza Night at Orange Peel Bakery in Aquinnah: Proceeds benefit a planned high school trip.
- Another way you can help local schools is to buy Halloween costumes to benefit the Edgartown School PTA: Go to wholesalecostumeclub.com/fundraiser and use the promo code FUN2158.
- Are you holding a yard sale or garage sale soon? With just a few clicks, you can put it on our interactive sale map: Yard Sales on the Vineyard and Cape.