- Free pick for kids: At 11 a.m. the Vineyard Haven Library presents Becky Loescher, author of "Over on the Vineyard." Sing along and find out what it's like to write a book.
- "Sustainable Community Fishing" is the topic of a talk by Alan Lovewell at the Martha's Vineyard Museum, 5:30 p.m.: $12, members $8.
- Explore ancient Ohio with Duncan Caldwell on "Decoding the Adena Tablets: A Great Civilization and its Mirrors at the Vineyard Haven Public Library. 7 p.m., free.
- Tuesday's free movie at the Tabernacle in Oak Bluffs is the new film "The Watsons Go to Birmingham," a family tale set in 1963 whose executive producer and screenwriter, Tonya Lewis Lee, is a summer Oak Bluffs resident with her husband Spike Lee and their two teenagers. 7 p.m., free.
- It's the final night of the acclaimed Built on Stilts 2013 dance festival at Union Chapel in Oak Bluffs. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. for the drum circle and dancer warm-up; performances begin at 8 p.m. Free.
Do you have another event to recommend today? Please tell us in the comments.