- One of the Vineyard's top restaurants, Détente, hosts jewelry designer Stephanie Wolf for a trunk show with light bites and wine tasting from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Learn to defend against ticks and their diseases and ask experts your questions about ticks starting at 4 p.m. at the Chilmark Community Center. The free presentation, discussion and Q&A with Dr. Sam Telford, infectious disease expert and professor at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, is all about ticks, landscape management and reducing your risk.
- The Martha's Vineyard Comedy Fest begins at 8 p.m. at the Lampost in Oak Bluffs. $30.
- FREE PICK: There's no cover charge for what promises to be a hot jazz jam at the Island House Bar & Grill on Circuit Avenue. Starting at 9 p.m., it features jazz percussionist great Dr. Kahil El’Zabar and other Chicago musicians with New York trumpeter Maurice Brown as well as local and visiting Island performers. This is the one show in the four-day On the Vine Music Festival that does not cost $125 to $300 a ticket.
- Mustachioed Jack Johnson pal Donavon Frankenreiter plays Dreamland at 10 p.m. $25-$250.
Do you have another event to recommend? Tell us in the comments.