- Bring your lunch to the Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown for the final installment in this season's Creative Economy Speaker Series from Arts Martha's Vineyard. 11:30 a.m., this week with Helena Fruscio, Creative Economy Industry Director in the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Economic Development. Free, including coffee, tea and water.
- Tuesday is also the day you pay half price for books at Chicken Alley Thrift Shop, 38 Lagoon Pond Rd. in Vineyard Haven. Open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., proceeds benefit Martha's Vineyard Community Services.
- Chicken Alley also has discount tickets to "The Flock," Thursday's costume ball at Dreamland: $10 in advance at the thrift shop vs. $15 at the door.
- Oak Bluffs selectmen meet at 5 p.m. in the library meeting room: Here's the agenda.
- Ghost Hunting with Holly Nadler at the Oak Bluffs Public Library starts at 6 p.m., and don't forget your flashlight and camera. Free.