- We hate to say it, but Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon is the last midweek West Tisbury Farmers Market of 2013. (The Saturday market continues through Oct. 5.)
- Free pick for kids: The Oak Bluffs Public Library has a pair of engaging events for the young Wednesday. Ring-A-Ding Storytime, rhymes, and songs with Zoe for age 0 to 3 yrs starts at 10:30 a.m. At the 11:30 a.m. You've Got Mail Storytime, open a letter to find out all about storytime with Zoe. Age 3 and up.
- More free events: The Vineyard Haven Library also has a busy day in store, with a kids' film at 3 p.m. and what promises to be a well-attended 7 p.m. talk by James Reston, Jr. on his new book The Accidental Victim, which argues that Lee Harvey Oswald was aiming for Texas John Connolly when he shot President Kennedy.
- Free in Edgartown: Thomas Dresser will speak about his new book, "Women of Martha's Vineyard," at Edgartown Books, 6:30 p.m.
- Movie date: At 8 p.m., the Martha's Vineyard Film Festival presents A.C.O.D. followed by a discussion with director Stu Zicherman. Short for "Adult Children of Divorce," the comedy features an ensemble cast including Adam Scott, Amy Poehler, Catherine O’Hara, and Jane Lynch. Chilmark Community Center: $10, $5 students and members.
Do you have another event to recommend today? Please tell us in the comments.