- If all goes according to plan, this should be the final day Tabor House Road in Chilmark will be closed for paving. The town has posted a work map at http://www.chilmarkma.gov/Pages/ChilmarkMA_BBoard/Tabor-HouseRoadPavingmap10-11-13.pdf.
- Celebrate National Fossil Day at the Oak Bluffs Public Library where there's a huge fossil exhibit with thousands of items on display and some hands-on exhibits, too. This family/all-ages event starts at 4 p.m. and is free, of course.
- This week's Island Dinner at the Beach Plum Restaurant features food from North Tabor Farm: Three courses for $35 and five-courses for $75. Open 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. through December 1. BYOB. 508-645-9454, beachplumrestaurant.com.
- The All-Island Choral Festival for grades 5-12 takes place in the Performing Arts Center at Martha's Vineyard Regional High School, Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Living Local MV posts on Facebook: "Folks! Get a team together for the annual CROP WALK to fight hunger in our community! The money raised supports the Island Food Pantry and highlights our local organizations Serving Hands & Council On Hunger. October 27th, sign up now." You can sign up and donate at http://hunger.cwsglobal.org/site/TR/2013FallCROPHungerWalk/TR-Fall2013?fr_id=17795&pg=entry.