- Gamblers can spend a day at one of New England's foremost casinos Friday: The Seastreak Foxwoods Excursion leaves Vineyard Haven at 8 a.m. for New Bedford, connecting with a bus to the Connecticut casino. The return trip leaves Foxwoods at 4:30 p.m., connects with the 6:30 p.m. Seastreak in New Bedford and gets riders back to Vineyard Haven at 7:30 p.m. $45 includes round trip ferry and bus, $15 gaming credit, and $10 food voucher. Call 1-800-BOATRIDE to reserve or buy tickets at the Seastreak counter inside the SSA.
- Have you registered for the Derby yet? The Martha's Vineyard Striped Bass & Bluefish Derby kicks off Sunday. Here's where to register and get a free camo cap into the bargain.
- Free pick for teens: The Free Friday Feast at Alex's Place at the Y starts at 6 p.m. with a pasta dinner and a movie. YMCA of Martha's Vineyard.
- Also at Alex's Place: IMP, the improvisational comedy program for kids, is registering now for fall classes starting Oct. 1: Wednesdays from 3:30 - 4:45 for grades 1-3 or from 5:00-6:30 for grades 6-8; or on Thursdays from 3:30 - 5:00 for grades 3-5 or 5:30 - 7:30 for high school students. Payment and registration is available on line or by mail. Go to www.imp4kids.com or call 508-939-9368 for more information.
- It's lobster roll night at Grace Episcopal Church in Vineyard Haven, where you can get a $15 lobster roll, $3 hot dog and $4 pie slice (whole pies are $20.00). Chips and drink are included in the cost of both the lobster rolls and the hot dogs. Diners with large orders of 8 or more may phone ahead to the “Grace Church Lobster Roll Hotline” at 508-693-0332 to have your order packed and ready to go when you arrive.
Did we miss something happening today on the Vineyard? Tell us in the comments.