In northern California's Napa Valley, where I was Patch editor for more than two years, we had a very lively group of more than 2,000 Facebook fans and I often turned to them for ideas, opinions and recommendations.
Here's what I asked:
"It's Lundi Gras, the day before Mardi Gras and so Lent begins Wednesday. Where are the best places on the Island to get fish on Friday? Eat-in, carry-out or raw to cook, please let me know your favorites for a story on MV Patch. Thanks! Louisa"
Here's what you said:
- "I recently had a fish sandwich at the Ocean View that was really good!" (Jessica Townes)
- "Fish & chips @ the Newes."(John Robert Hill)
- "Net Result!" (Will Hunter)
- "Net Result, Larsen's, The Bite, Seafood Shanty." (Alicia Marotta Linihan)
- "Our favorites are Newes from America, Seafood Shanty, Overlook Tavern, and Offshore Ale Company." (Kimberly Fuson)
(Note: The Bite, Larsen's and Seafood Shanty are closed for the season; the Net Result reopens today with fresh fish and a limited menu of fish and chips on Fridays during Lent.)
- Because I ate there yesterday, I'd have to add Menemsha Fish Market, where Stanley Larsen is serving fresh fish sandwiches, lobster rolls and more - check the market's Facebook page for the daily lunch specials.
Any other suggestions? Please tell us in the comments.
You may also be interested in:
- More Snow Coming Our Way? (National Weather Service outlook)
- Up-Island Businesses Hang On Through Winter (Louisa Hufstader)
- Sun Follows Snow, Creating Brilliant Scenes (Eileen M Lauinger photos)
- Snow Transforms Island Landscapes (Geraldine Moriarty photos)
- Martha's Vineyard Pics & Clips (Patch community photos)
- Watch: Blizzard Hits Island, Ferries Canceled (Louisa Hufstader)
- SHOW US: Blizzard Outside My Window (Patch community photos)
- Share Your Photos: How Much Snow Do You Have? (Patch community photos)
- Snow: A Sunday Afternoon Poem (Lee McCormack)
- Island Priest Backs Pope's Decision to Resign (Louisa Hufstader)
Stay Patched in this winter! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.