Five Things You Need to Know Today: October 20
Today there is a Harvest Festival at Vineyard Gardens, a Center for Living Cultural Luncheon in Edgartown and a We Are the New Generation performance at Alex’s Place
1. Vineyard Gardens Annual Harvest Festival takes place today at Vineyard Gardens Nursery in West Tisbury. There will be nature craft projects such as pine cone bird feeders, leaf stenciling, planting paperwhites, mini pumpkin bouquets, garden tours and plant displays and even a raffle. Free refreshments. 11 am–3 pm
2. The Center for Living Cultural Luncheon takes place today at The Grill On Main in Edgartown. The featured speaker is David R. White, Executive and Artistic Director of The Yard on Martha's Vineyard. $25. Noon – 2 pm.
3. The Vineyard Open 2012 takes place at the MV Arena today. Hosted by the Martha's Vineyard Figure Skating Club the Vineyard Open figure skating competition features skaters ranging in age and ability from all over New England. Stop by and support our skaters. Free admission. Noon – 4 pm.
4. There is a Pig & Chicken Roast today at RunAmok Farm, 200 Lamberts Cove Road, West Tisbury to raise money for the West Tisbury 5th grade trip on the Shenandoah. Dancing, games and silent raffle. $15/$40 for family. 1:30 – 4:30.
5. Tonight at the Base Collective at Alex's Place at the YMCA, there is a We Are the New Generation performance, the first in a series of showcases of up and coming teen performers. This is an all ages show. $5. Doors open at 7:30 pm, showtime is 8 pm.