Five Things You Need To Know: Jan. 3
Yoga, documentaries, children's crafts and more happening around the island today.
Today is 'Festival of Sleep' Day, 'Fruitcake Toss' Day, and 'Humiliation' Day!
1. Head over to Yoga Haven MV this morning for a 60 minute energizing practice with Sherry Sidoti. Journey through a series of yoga postures, strengthening with free weights, balancing exercises, safe functional movements, core stability while jamming out to great music from around the world. All levels welcome. Drop-in rate is $17. 9:00 am - 10:00 am.
2. The Oak Bluffs Library will host a Mother Goose on the Loose Story Time this morning with Nelia and Amy from the West Tisbury Library. All ages welcome, perfect for infants to 3 year olds. Call (508)693-0085 for more information or visit oakblufflibrary.org. 10:30 am.
3. Bring the kids to Children's Crafts this afternoon at the Vineyard Haven Library from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm. Occurring weekly, great for ages 5 to 11. Call (508) 696-4211 for more information.
4. Enjoy Documentary Thursday tonight at the Oak Bluffs Library with the showing of the celebrated nature documentary, Samara. Filmed over the course of five years in twenty-five countries and five continents, Samara is shot on 70mm film. The movie does an expert job of transporting the viewer to the varied worlds of sacred grounds, disaster zones, industrial complexes, and natural wonders. Rated PG-13. 6:00 pm. Call (508)693-9433 for more information.
5. Find yourself at the movies! Check here for movies playing tonight and all weekend long!