Five Things You Need To Know: Jan. 10
Learn to skate, watch the stars and more happenings today on Martha's Vineyard.
Today is Peculiar People Day!
1. Always wanted to learn to skate? Here's your chance! Ballet on Ice this afternoon from 11:30 am –1:00 pm at the MV Ice Arena is a introduction to skating for adults. All levels welcome. No ballet or skating experience necessary. It's also a great work-out! Cost is $15 and skate rentals are available for $5. Pre-registration is recommended, call (508)423-9566.
2. Take the kids to Storytime this afternoon from 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm at the Aquinnah Public Library. Perfect for kids ages six and under, with guardians. FREE. Call (508)645-2314 for more information.
3. Polly Hill Arboretum in West Tisbury with host Backyard Astronomy tonight from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Barbara Caseau will lead the group in identify constellations and engage the group in interesting facts about space. Bring your own binoculars, telescopes, and flashlights. FREE. Hot chocolate will be provided. Call (508)693-9426 or visit pollyhillarboretum.org for more information.
4. The MV Horse Council will have their monthly meeting tonight at the Ag Hall at 6:30 pm. The MV Horse Council brings together horse lovers on Martha's Vineyard, promotes horses and their related activities, and aims to provide educational clinics, seminars and youth programs for its members. Membership is open for 2013. Interested in becoming a member? Head to the meeting tonight to learn more or visit mvhorsecouncil.org.
5. Hungry for a hearty meat and potatoes meal? Head to Park Corner Bistro for its weekly Prime Rib Night featuring herb-rubbed Black Angus Prime Rib, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, green beans, horseradish cream and rib jus. Restaurant opens at 5:00 pm.