Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 4
Learn about bookmaking, attend a healthy diet workshop and more events on the Vineyard.
1. The Mansion House Health Club will hold a Senior Strength Class this morning at 10:00 am. Learn about exercises that build strong muscles and promote bone density. Participate in exercises to help prevent falls and increase physical confidence. Hosted by certified personal trainer Ann Richards. Cost is $11 and free to health club members. Visit mvmansionhouse.com for more information.
2. The the Basics of Bookmaking at Featherstone Center for the Arts this afternoon at 3:30 pm. Larissa Bernat will lead the class. Cost is $30. Pre-registration is highly recommended, call (508)693-1850 to reserve a spot. For more information visit featherstoneart.org. 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm.
3. The Old Whaling Church is hosting the Edgartown Community Supper tonight at 5pm in the Baylies Room. Dinner will be salad, bread, soup, a main entree, dessert and beverage. Free-will offering is encouraged but not expected. Call 508-693-4424 for more information.
4. Join the lovely Griffin Hughes this evening at 6:15pm at the Mansion House for her a Health Diet Workshop, demystifying the do's and don'ts of a healthy diet. The class is party of a monthly series of nutrition workshops. Griffin Hughes is a certified personal trainer and nutrition coach and she just launched her website at www.griffinhugheswellness.com. Free to health club members; walk-ins are $12. Call (508)693-2200 or visit mvmansionhouse.com for more information.
5. Bingo at the American Legion Post 257 in Vineyard Haven tonight at 7:30pm. A Vineyard Winter just isn’t a Vineyard Winter without weekly Bingo. Call (508) 693-9257 for more information.