Five Things to Know: March 7, 2013
Stormy weather notwithstanding, we've got things to do this Thursday on Martha's Vineyard. If you have an event today you want the community to know about, post a comment below.
- Expect high winds and extra-high tides today and tomorrow as a coastal flood warning is in effect until Friday morning. Click here for our storm center with information on cancellations, road closures, high tides and more.
- Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary posted on Facebook that "Unfortunately, we are cancelling our Winter Walk today because of the weather."
- Signs of spring: Linda Jean's Restaurant in Oak Bluffs and Chilmark Chocolates up-Island are both scheduled to reopen today.
- Did you know that you can sign on to Patch using your Facebook account?
- You can post community news, school news and even personal announcements for free on Martha's Vineyard Patch: Whether it's a student making honor roll or the whole honor roll for the school, we have a way for you to publish it here for all to see.
Are your Martha's Vineyard events posted in our calendar? Don't miss the chance to reach thousands of readers on our home page and through our daily newsletter: List your events for free at marthasvineyard.patch.com/events/new.
Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.